In Part 2 of the series with the MOW Project we see the cab decals removed, added and painted. The frame has been cut at a specific point to allow for an extended frame. After looking at the different type of MOW vehicles that Conrail had, I decided to build a dump truck using the conventional tractor I got. This will be a huge undertaking and I have saved a lot of pictures of the truck I am building this after. The biggest part is cutting the frame and getting it to the correct length that is needed. I have a dump bed that I will be cutting down to use as well. It may need some work done to it to extend it but I won't know for sure until I get everything set up on the frame.
Below is the next part of the series where I have removed the UP decals. Once the decals were removed I went and painted it a flat yellow using a brush and testors flat yellow. Doing it this way got the cab closer to the yellow Conrail used on all their MOW Vehicles.
The next part of the series will cover the frame and the mounting of the cab to the frame. The next part is going to the most difficult and time consuming with the frame.
No comments:
Post a Comment