Welcome

Welcome to the HO Scale Conrail Blairsville Cutoff by Matthew Miller. This route is a alternate double track route over the Allegheny Mountains starting around Blairsville, Pa and goes clear to Cresson, Pa where it rejoins the 3 Track Mainline. Here you will see the preparation and building of the HO Scale Conrail Blairsville Cutoff. So come along this journey of mine as I plan, build, and have fun.

Wednesday, July 22, 2026

MOW Project - Part 1

In this series we are going to go be taking a Conventional Tractor and turning it into another Conrail Maintenance of Way Vehicle. As of right now I am researching different type of MOW Vehicles that Conrail had on their roster to see which one would best fit this. There is a lot to go over and it may take some time. I will be cutting the frame down to extend it out some if needed. I have a few more that are on order and should be here in the next few weeks.

I am trying to get the MOW roster built up now that way I won't have to worry about it. This is going to be a fun little project as there are still many projects I have to finish yet. The tractor that I ordered was supposed to be undecorated but when it showed up in the mail, it was labeled for Union Pacific. That isn't an issue as I can remove the UP logo and numbers. The positive note is that it is already painted yellow so there will be no painting that is required of this model. The yellow may be a little off from the MOW yellow Conrail used, but once it is weathered, you won't be able to tell unless you know what you're looking for.









No comments:

Post a Comment