Welcome

Welcome to the HO Scale Conrail Blairsville Cutoff by Matthew Miller. This route is a alternate double track route over the Allegheny Mountains starting around Blairsville, Pa and goes clear to Cresson, Pa where it rejoins the 3 Track Mainline. Here you will see the preparation and building of the HO Scale Conrail Blairsville Cutoff. So come along this journey of mine as I plan, build, and have fun.

Sunday, August 9, 2026

Signal Boxes

 The Conrail Era Signal Boxes got a coat of paint today. I was running it through my head if I should hand paint them, spray paint, or send them to a friend and have them airbrushed. I went with the spray paint method. I used a grey primer paint to get it as close as possible to a light grey. I think it turned out pretty good in my opinion. The next step is to get some polystyrene painted up in conrail blue. Once that is dry, it will be time to add the milepost onto the signs and glue them on.


The details on these boxes are amazing. The more I look at these, the more I myself want to go and get a 3D printer and make more things that way it will save me money in the long run. 3D printing is becoming a big thing in model railroading and this is just one example of how one can get the littlest details on a model. 


This brings us one more step closer to getting the Blairsville Cutoff up and running. Stay tuned as there are more updates coming this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment