Welcome

Welcome to the HO Scale Conrail Blairsville Cutoff by Matthew Miller. This route is a alternate double track route over the Allegheny Mountains starting around Blairsville, Pa and goes clear to Cresson, Pa where it rejoins the 3 Track Mainline. Here you will see the preparation and building of the HO Scale Conrail Blairsville Cutoff. So come along this journey of mine as I plan, build, and have fun.

Sunday, September 6, 2026

Let's Reflect

With summer coming to an end and fall right around the corner, let's reflect on this past summer. It sure was a busy summer for me and my family. I had a major ankle surgery Mid-June that has had me down for the count since that day. The decision was made back in May of this year to get the surgery done as I have had 4 previous surgeries on the same ankle. This time around, the doctor put two plates, five screws and one nail to fuse my ankle together. Since the original injury to my right ankle, I have continued to tear ligaments and tendons one right after another. Sadly this was the only option left to do so that I didn't continue to tear anything. I am slowly on my way to getting better but it is still a long road to recovery for me but I know it will be worth it in the end. 

The month of July was a much better one than June. Now why would that be you might ask? Well THE BIG BOY came to Altoona, Pennsylvania and yes even though I was on crutches, my fiance still took me and our kids down to see it. That day was a long one but it was worth it to get to see the biggest operational steam locomotive in the world. It was worth going and seeing even though I was only a couple a week post-op from my surgery. The kids definitely enjoyed seeing a steam locomotive for the very first time and being able to be up close to the Big Boy. We spent about five hours there and then got back on the shuttle to go back to our vehicle and head home for the day. Towards the end of we went to the Cambria County Firemens Convention in St. Michael, Pa. It was a good time by all as we watched Battle of the Barrel, Kids Battle of the Barrel, The Grand Parade, got good food and watched a band perform before coming home. This was over a couple of days but it was good to see some old friends and catch up on everything.



August came and went but not without with a bang. Me and my family celebrated my 42nd birthday, went to Central Districts Firemens Convention and of course August couldn't just be a quiet month. I ended up in the ER due to my surgery incision getting infected and myself or the doctors are not sure how it had happened. They finally got that taken care of and then about a week before the end of August I started to get really bad pains in my foot and they are now worried that there might be nerve damage. It could be possible because of the amount of surgeries I've had on my ankle. One step at a time I guess and much needed rest.


During all of this though, it hasn't slowed me down with doing anything with my model trains though. I have started and completed many projects and some projects are nearing the end as you can see on my page here. Since the cooler weather is fast approaching, I will have even more time than I do now to finish the projects I have on the workbench and start new ones. I am also on the search for a program to build a HO Scale Track Plan for the railroad even though I have it drawn out on paper, I want something more concrete. The railroad will be double decked with staging underneath. 

Now that we are done reflecting on this past summer, let's look forward to fall and cooler weather that is right around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment