Welcome

Welcome to the HO Scale Conrail Blairsville Cutoff by Matthew Miller. This route is a alternate double track route over the Allegheny Mountains starting around Blairsville, Pa and goes clear to Cresson, Pa where it rejoins the 3 Track Mainline. Here you will see the preparation and building of the HO Scale Conrail Blairsville Cutoff. So come along this journey of mine as I plan, build, and have fun.

Thursday, June 25, 2026

Conrail #0 - Part 2

Today we continue with Part 2 of 5 of Conrail #0. Conrail #0 once finished will be located at the Blairsville Engine Facility. These switchers were used to shuffle locomotives in and out of the facilities on the railroad. It helped cut exhaust fumes in the buildings they were working in.

The front and rear bumpers were built with .030 polystyrene. Cutting the angles were a little bit of a challenge to get the right angle. 



Building the sides up of the battery locomotive. I am using polystyrene size .040 sheets to build under the frame, bottom plate, and all the sides. 


For the top piece, I used .030 polystyrene and the front access door I used .030 polystyrene. Once all those pieces were glued on, I started to paint it by hand with Conrail Blue.



Part 3 of the series will be post tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment