Welcome

Welcome to the HO Scale Conrail Blairsville Cutoff by Matthew Miller. This route is a alternate double track route over the Allegheny Mountains starting around Blairsville, Pa and goes clear to Cresson, Pa where it rejoins the 3 Track Mainline. Here you will see the preparation and building of the HO Scale Conrail Blairsville Cutoff. So come along this journey of mine as I plan, build, and have fun.

Wednesday, June 24, 2026

Conrail #0 - Part 1

Conrail had a wide variety of switch engines across their system. You could go to each yard and find more than two different type of switchers but there was only a couple places where you could see unique switchers. One was at Enola and another was at Conway. I believe there was a third one but I am not quite sure where it was on the Conrail System. While these small switchers weren't given a class, if my memory serves me correctly, they were remote controlled switchers. This series will be a 5 part series on Conrail #0. These little critters are non powered switchers on the Blairsville Cutoff. There will be another series on the other shop critter as well in the near future.


The very first Conrail unit on the roster was Conrail #0. The nubs on top of the truck were ground down a long with the top of the metal pins. I did a bunch of research on this little switcher and found that I did in fact have a couple spare trucks that were pretty darn close to the ones Conrail used.


Here we have the single truck that is the base for Conrail #0

Supports added underneath of the frame to help support the plate.


The underneath of the frame has been painted black while the top of the frame has been painted in Conrail blue.

Part 2 of this series will be posted tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment