Welcome

Welcome to the HO Scale Conrail Blairsville Cutoff by Matthew Miller. This route is a alternate double track route over the Allegheny Mountains starting around Blairsville, Pa and goes clear to Cresson, Pa where it rejoins the 3 Track Mainline. Here you will see the preparation and building of the HO Scale Conrail Blairsville Cutoff. So come along this journey of mine as I plan, build, and have fun.

Tuesday, June 23, 2026

Conrail GP40

Conrail GP40 #3091 was the very first locomotive to be painted in the companies new paint scheme. Below is my Conrail GP40 #3091 that need some heavy repairs after the rear steps had gotten broke. Once I had repaired the steps, the task of bending the rear plow back as best as I could. Once all that was taken care of, it was time to remove the extra headlight and rear light from the locomotive. I got my Dremel out and started the task of removing them. The front light was covered over with a piece of polystyrene, painted then decals were placed. I then removed the rear light and ran into a problem on how to fill the hole in. That's when I came up with the idea to use joint compound and after seeing the results, I had wished I used the same effect on the front. But what can you do? Just move on and that's that. I took extra care of this locomotive for one reason and that reason is because it was my fiances dad's locomotive. I am very happy with the end results of this locomotive. 


Here you can see the damage that was done prior to me acquiring the locomotive 



The old steps cut out and news ones fabricated



The new steps are placed and ready for paint



The new steps painted black and a new plow has been added



New front and rear plows added, painted black and the front and rear headlight removed



The finished locomotive. All weathered and ready to pull freights, yard jobs, and locals


Side Note: I do need to get the marker lights for this engine but that won't be until later on down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment